Youth Ministries at Westwood are all about bringing youth to a place of encountering the reality and awesomeness of God and committing themselves to a personal relationship with Jesus. It is a place for youth to shed their old lives and to press on toward perfection in Christ in a solid community that is built upon scripture. It’s about youth, but it’s more than that, it’s about youth catching the grander vision of the gospel and being challenged to live lives that shake the world.
Youth Group Teaching Series
Character of a Kingdom Warrior – September 13/14-November 29/30
Discussion Questions & Scripture Reference
|Humility||Sep 13, 14||1. How does pride get in the way of our relationship with God?
2. What do you feel it means to be humble?
3. What area(s) of your life are the hardest to submit to God?
4. What steps could you take to submit more to God in your life?
Scripture Reference: James 4:7-10, Job 41
|Hunger||Sep 20, 21||1. How strong is your desire to know God more?
2. What is getting in the way of pursuing a deeper relationship with Jesus?
3. What steps could you take to start pursuing a deeper relationship with God?
Scripture Reference: Jeremiah 29:12-14; Philippians 3:7-11
|Repentant||Sep 27, 28|| 1. Describe in your own words what repentance means.
2. How does repentance affect our relationship with God?
3. How can choosing to repent transform our lives?
4. What things might we need to repent from?
Scripture Reference: Romans 6, Acts 3:19
|Righteous||Oct 4, 5|| 1. What does it mean to be righteous?
2. What does our sin and rebellion lead to? Feel free to give specific examples.
3. What does a life set apart for God lead to?
4. How does living a life set apart for God make a difference in your life and the lives of those you share life with?
5. What areas of your life have you been settling for less than God’s best?
Scripture Reference: Romans 6:15-23
|Loving||Oct 11, 12||1. How would you define love?
2. How did Jesus demonstrate love for us? What does this mean for those who choose to follow him?
3. Why is love to be the motivation for things we do?
4. How can our actions demonstrate love to people?
5. How might an unloving attitude towards a person be an indicator of an unhealthy relationship with God?
Scripture Reference: 1 Corinthians 13; 1 John 3:16-18, 4:7-21; Luke 10:25-37
|Courageous||Oct 18, 19|
| Invested in
|Oct 25, 26|
|Prayer||Nov 1, 2|
|Nov 8, 9|
|Gospel||Nov 15, 16|
|Testimony||Nov 22, 23|
|Word of God||Nov 29, 30|