On this page you will find opportunities in Prince George and around the world that you can get involved in.
Opportunities in Prince George
- Apartment Ministry
- Prison Reading Program
- The Fatherless Project
- Student Sponsorship
- Syrian Family Connectors
Westwood Church helps support local families and individuals in the Pine Glen and Village Park apartments.
Help Supply our Resource Centre.Click Here For List
For events happening out of the resource centre click the button below.
Volunteers of all ages are needed to ensure the success of the following events:
- Youth: We are looking for people to help out with a year around youth Program on Tuesday afternoons from 2pm-5pm. We have a large number of children that come, so the more leaders the better. People who are interested in volunteering consistently must have a criminal record check done. We are looking for people to provide snacks and craft items for the program.
- Community Garden: If you are unable to help with building or planting the garden on May 20th, there is opportunity to partner with a family in looking after a section of the garden throughout the summer.
- Once a month socials such as barbeques or holiday activities
- Once a week after school programs for both youth in elementary and high school. We facilitate a safe, fun, and educational environment where kids can come and work on homework and play board games. This is also intended to connect the youth with their neighbours.
- Bi-weekly Block Watch activities. Community safety is a concern for many of the individuals living in the apartments. This will be a fun opportunity to go for a walk together and establish relationships with each other while building trust and promoting safety within the community.
- As needed support and donations to furnish apartments with basic furniture or items. If you would like to be placed on an email list and notified when there are needs or if you would like to help people move in, decorate or help someone organize their apartment please email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
For event times, questions, or suggestions please feel free to contact Andrew at 250-640-3415 or email at email@example.com
Westwood’s Reading Program brings parents and children together through the power of reading. EFry supplies new, age-appropriate books and Westwood Volunteers record inmate parents reading them aloud. The book and the recordings are then sent to their children, giving them an opportunity to share a story together.
Contact: Pastor Craig
firstname.lastname@example.org / 250-562-3711
The goal of The Fatherless Project is to challenge and equip men to be part of the solution to the problem of fatherlessness by mentoring a boy in need.
email@example.com / 250-562-3711
Each year we engage in a number of activities to support some of the many vulnerable students and families in our city.
School Supplies: In August and September we collect donations to purchase extra supplies for teachers to give to students who may not have been able to afford good quality items.
Clothing Drive: In November we hold a clothing drive to collect new or gently used warm winter clothing such as jackets, snow pants, toques, and mittens.
Christmas Hampers: In November and December, as part of the Christmas Hampers program, we work with community organizations to identify families who we can bless with a hamper to help make their Christmas more enjoyable.
If you have questions or would like more information about any of these initiative, please contact Rob Larson (firstname.lastname@example.org / 250-562-3711).
A few of the needs are:
- Help with transportation
- Teaching English
- Driving lessons
- Inviting them to our homes and visiting them
Opportunities Around the World
Are you considering a step of risk-taking obedience in the direction of long-term global work?
MB Mission prepares healthy disciples and missional leaders to engage in holistic church planting that transforms communities among the least reached. Serving with us long-term brings you into FOCUS, our pathway for developing global workers. FOCUS begins with a three-year apprenticeship overseas and continues with resourcing for a life of faithful service.
Is God’s call on your life coming into focus?
Connect with us to learn more and take the next step.